[mrtg] Antwort: Ongoing problem

Stefan.Heins at seb.de Stefan.Heins at seb.de
Thu Sep 12 09:04:08 MEST 2002

Hi Darryl,
I don't know what the problem is but you can try to change your timeout and
the retries of the SNMP.
This is taken from the reference.html from MRTG\doc.

Cheers
Stefan
SnmpOptions

Apart form the per target timeout options, you can also configure the
behaviour of the snmpget process on a more profound level. SnmpOptions
accepts a hash of options. The following options are currently supported:

 timeout                   => $default_timeout,
 retries                   => $default_retries,
 backoff                   => $default_backoff,
 default_max_repetitions   => $max_repetitions,
 lenient_source_port_matching => 0,
 lenient_source_address_matching => 1

The values behind the options indicate the current default value. Note that
these settings OVERRIDE the per target timeout settings.

Example:

SnmpOptions: retries => 2, only_ip_address_matching => 0

Note that AS/400 snmp seems to be broken in a way which prevents mrtg from
working with it unless

 SnmpOptions: lenient_source_port_matching => 1

is set.

Darryl Kegg <Darryl.kegg at thehortongroup.com>@list.ee.ethz.ch am 11.09.2002
23:38:20

Gesendet von:  mrtg-bounce at list.ee.ethz.ch