[mrtg] Re: graphing cablemodem performance

Jonathan Gaynor foot at eden.rutgers.edu
Wed Sep 18 20:54:28 MEST 2002

I do this now.  It works well on my Motorola Surfboard 4200.

-determine your modems IP (try 192.168.100.1)
-run cfgmaker on that IP
-Voila!  It works!  No problem!

I have not had any luck on my router (even though it does spit out some
MIBS), but the cable modem works well.  Its interfaces are as follows:

Ethernet In/out
USB in/out
Upstream Cable
Downstream Cable

Apparently it treats upstream and downstream cable as completely seperate
interfaces - this means no green AND blue graphs for that int without some
fiddling.

Good luck and let us know if you're succesful,

-JOn

Jon Gaynor, Network Engineer (CCNA)
Rutgers Network Operations Center
(732) 445 0327, foot at td.rutgers.edu