[mrtg] Re: (OT) Network Monitoring Presenation

Garry Cook Garry.Cook at mactec.com
Tue Sep 24 17:57:13 MEST 2002

My other favorite tool is Nagios - http://www.nagios.org/. Nagios is currently in version 1 beta, although a stable version should be released soon. If you are interested in a stable version of the product, you'll have to go back to before the name changed - http://www.netsaint.org/. You'll notice that NetSaint made it to a version 0.0.7 stable release before the name was changed due to legal reasons, so Nagios is by no means a project in it's infancy. I've been using NetSaint in production for almost two years. It monitors my hosts and services and sends alerts when problems occur.
Recently I've started looking at NMIS, which appears to provide functionality similar to that of MRTG and NetSaint/Nagios. I'm interested to hear what others contribute to this thread.

Garry W. Cook, CCNA
Network Infrastructure Manager
MACTEC, Inc. - http://www.mactec.com/
303.308.6228 (Office) - 303.881.5157 (Mobile)