[mrtg] Re: (OT) Network Monitoring Presenation

Jonathan Gaynor foot at eden.rutgers.edu
Tue Sep 24 18:03:31 MEST 2002

I was about to write in and say NetSaint.  Its excellent.  Also take a
look at JFFNMS (google it for its webapge) and, if you're using Cisco
equipment, anything published by the folks at COSI-NMS:

http://cosi-nms.sourceforge.net

They put out some excellent niche tools for management.  Additionally, you
seem to be focussing mainly on traffic graphers syslog info for your
presentation.  No network management system is complete without a
pro-active poller like SAINT or something.  They make the difference
between knowing about an outage first and/or hearing about it via user
complaints.

Good Luck,

Jon Gaynor, Network Engineer (CCNA)
Rutgers Network Operations Center