[mrtg] Re: Two sets of graphs from same data?

PAUL WILLIAMSON pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Sat Sep 28 06:10:48 MEST 2002

I don't think there is a need to do that.  The peaks are stored always,
no matter if you display them or not.  Just have a "no peaks" config
that does not have the directive "WithPeak" that doesn't do any
collection.  I think this will only work if you use RRDTool and generate
the graphs on demand.  This is only a guess...

Paul

>>> "Jim McAtee" <jmcatee at mediaodyssey.com> 09/27/02 10:59PM >>>

Is there a way I could generate two sets of graphs, one with peaks and one
without peaks, from the same set of data?  I know I could just set up mrtg to
retrieve data from the device twice in two individual device setups, but I'd
rather the graphs were working off of exactly the same database.

I was thinking of setting up a cron job that would simply copy the database from
one file/directory to another, but how could I then get mrtg to generate its
graphs?

Thanks,
Jim