[mrtg] Re: One config & per customer access

Michael Markstaller mm at elabnet.de
Thu Apr 3 22:37:35 MEST 2003

many thanks, this gives me some ideas.

We're managing with Editplus-over-samba, I'm no real fan of vi-like stuff ;)
works quite fine so far, the advantage is when changing something "globally", what I do frequently, I can do a simple search&replace..
But I just realised that the only way out for me is to create a separate cfg for each host what I did right now; also to see how routers2.cgi looks with all the devices in and it's quite fine, also running fast as far as I've seen..

Your setup sounds like many manually created HTML-pages for indexing which is no option as I have too many movements and (as usual) not that much time. As I said, for some reason 14all.cgi is so slow, I'm sure customers will first call up if something is broken..

Also, mostly our own NOC is looking on the graphs which makes it still nescessary to view many combined/quickly navigating through the hosts;

Michael