[mrtg] Upgrading Perl

Brown, James (IP) jbbrown at lehman.com
Fri Apr 4 09:26:27 MEST 2003

I'm using MRTG 2.9.17 under Windows NT4 with Apache 1.3 and Active Perl
5.6.0.623.

This setup seems to work fine for MRTG, but I have another script which
emails mrtg graphs to a mailing list. This script seems to make a big fuss
when run under this version of perl and gives the following errors:

"the getpwuid function is unimplemented - line 43"
"uninitialised value in concatenation (.) at E:/Perl/site/lib/Net/Config.pm
line 44"

I think I can cure this by upgrading my version of ActivePerl to 5.8.0, but
I wouldn't want to break MRTG. Does anyone know whether my version of MRTG
would run under Active Perl 5.8.0 and whether doing an upgrade would break
MRTG?

Many thanks,

James.

P.S. If anyone wants a copy of my email script, let me know.