[mrtg] Re: mrtg data into database

fluhmann at vvm.com fluhmann at vvm.com
Fri Apr 4 20:25:51 MEST 2003

What data are you wanting to dump into a database?  I've dumped my *.cfg
data into a mySQL database.  If you're wanting to dump the data, look at
using RRDTool.  It stores the data in a Round Robin Database for each
interface.  You can set how long you wish to keep the 5min, 30min, 2hr,
1day, or whatever your interval is.  We have ours set for:
5 minute    3 months
30 minute   3 months
2 hour      3 months
1 day       2 years
Each of our database files ended up being approx. 1MB each.  We have about
150 interfaces (150 MB total storage).

I don't know if my reply was the direction that you were looking for, but
good luck.

Jeremy Fluhmann
McLane Information Systems Division
fluhmann at vvm.com