[mrtg] Re: Monthly & Yearly Graphs

Koelstra, J. (Jan) JKoelstra at MINSZW.NL
Wed Apr 9 16:48:41 MEST 2003

Samson,

It is possible to manipulate the data. There are at least 2 ways to do
it but both ways take some work.

First option is to edit the *.log and *.old files:
- Locate the *.log and *.old file for the interface with the wrong info
in the graphs.
- Edit both files and locate the first timestamp with wrong data behind
it
- From this point onwards replace all data behind the timestamp by
zeroes. (You will end up with 4 columns of zeroes behind the timestamp.)
- Save both files at the same time, and remove the wrong png files.
- wait for the next mrtg-poll and you're OK.

Second option:
Merge *.log and *.old files with data from empty monthly and yearly
graphs
Is about the same as above, but in stead of replacing all data you
replace all rows by the rows from an other *.log and *.old file. In this
case you have to be carefull: the new lines with timestamps have to have
the exactly the same timestamps as the old ones!

Hth,

Jan.