[mrtg] Logging / Graphing Issues

Myers Brian myers_brian at bah.com
Fri Apr 11 00:07:45 MEST 2003

I finally generated a valid config file for some devices I'm monitoring.
Now I'm having a problem with graphing the data for one device.  The graph
is being created, but all values are zero (including the min, max, and avg
values).  I'm polling other OID's beyond the typical traffic analysis.  I've
looked at the log file and the first line appears to have some valid values,
but the remaining lines of the file all contain zero values (except for the
first column which I assume is used by MRTG for some type of time scale).  I
have two other OID's being polled that are doing the same thing.  The log
file looks somewhat as follows:

1050011711  227  227
1050011711  0 0 0 0
1050011112  0 0 0 0

the zeros beyond the 1st column just continue on to the end of the file.

Anyone have any suggestions on what the possible problem could be?  Is this
related to MRTG configuration or an issue with SNMP on my monitored device?

Thanks,
Brian Myers