[mrtg] Re: arithmetic in mrtg?

paul beard paulbeard at mac.com
Sun Apr 13 19:36:01 MEST 2003

Alex van den Bogaerdt wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 12, 2003 at 11:09:20PM -0700, paul beard wrote:
>
>>I've been hunting around for some way to take values from mrtg's snmpgets and multiply them by a value (in my case, 4) and nothing I have found seems to work.
>>
>>[/usr/local/etc/mrtg]# snmpget -Ov -cpaulbeard.org pink hrStorageUsed.6
>>INTEGER: 5658
>>
>>Target[pink-scratch]:hrStorageUsed.6&hrStorageSize.6:paulbeard.org at pink works fine, but it's not what I want. I would like either to divide one by the other or to multiply both by 4 (for some reason the results are coming back at 1/4 the real size).

Well, I thought I tried that. mrtg takes it without complaining,
but the results are no different. Failing that, I'd be OK with
dividing one by the other to get a percentage. I assume I just
insert <whitespace>/<whitespace> between the OIDs.

>>For one thing, if I just try one value, I get an error.
>

> Always two.  Not one, not three.  FAQ.

Of course, too late at night for me to be trying to think.

--
Paul Beard
<http://paulbeard.no-ip.org/movabletype/>

Arbitrary systems, pl.n.:
	Systems about which nothing general can be said, save "nothing
general can be said."