[mrtg] Re: Set MRTG to run and give debug messages

Dowling, Steve Steve.Dowling at tafensw.edu.au
Tue Apr 15 05:55:19 MEST 2003

It's in the mrtg code itself.  Go looking for:...

@main::DEBUG=qw();
# DEBUG TARGETS
# cfg  - watch the config file reading
# dir  - directory mangeling
# base - basic program flow
# tarp - target parser
# snpo - snmp polling
# fork - forking view
# time - some timing info
# log  - logging of data via rateup or rrdtool

...(or reasonable facsimile thereof).  Insert the type of debugging you
need in the brackets.  (I've only found the need for DEBUG=qw(base),
myself).  You'll need to restart mrtg for the change to take effect.
Then you'll need to restart (again!) when you want to remove DEBUG....