[mrtg] Monitoring Windows RADIUS using perfmon

Poulin, Darnell darnell.poulin at cma.ca
Thu Apr 17 20:46:55 MEST 2003

Hi folks. I am currently trying to monitor my Microsoft RADIUS server (IAS)
using MRTG, and I have managed to successfully set it up so that perfmon
outputs the failed attempts to a csv, and MRTG graphs that. The only problem
is that it only gives me a running total of failed auth attempts. Does
anyone know if there is a way to reset the counter each day so that I start
at zero, this way at least I could graph the number of failed attempts per
day. Maybe there's a way to use MRTG to directly pull data from the RADIUS
mib. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Darnell.