[mrtg] Re: Some expert advice needed

Alex van den Bogaerdt alex at ergens.op.het.net
Tue Apr 22 13:02:13 MEST 2003

On Tue, Apr 22, 2003 at 03:59:51PM +0600, Saqib bin Sohail wrote:
> My purpose of graphing the router traffic is not for history purposes
> rather for analysis purpose and am more interested in graphing the
> second by second or 5 second by 5 second traffic readings.
>
> Mrtg is fixed for a minimum of 5 minute updates. Can I get that much
> resolution through RRDTool.

Yes and no.

You can have one second precision using RRDtool.

Ask yourself:
Are you able to collect the numbers that accurately ?

If you collect statistics every second and if you're only one
tenth of a second off, that's already 10 percent...

HTH
Alex

--
Much of what looks like rudeness in hacker circles is not intended to give
offence. Rather, it's the product of the direct, cut-through-the-bullshit