[mrtg] AW: Some expert advice needed

Michel.Grossenbacher at coop.ch Michel.Grossenbacher at coop.ch
Tue Apr 22 13:09:49 MEST 2003

Yes you are able to scale RRD down to 1 sec, but I never tried it, we
normaly use a 5sec rythm for analysis, its close to real time monitoring
8) and "fast" enough for us.

RRD isnt as confortable as MRTG is, there are "frontends" for it, I
think 14all.cgi is one of them but im not sure about it, we wrote our
own. AFAIK RRD only gives you the DB and tools to write and read the DB.
You have to use/write other frontends and programms that fill the needed
Informations into the DB and create the CGIs.

Greets

Michel