[mrtg] Re: Showing whole numbers

Daniel J McDonald dan.mcdonald at austinenergy.com
Tue Apr 22 16:06:16 MEST 2003

On Tue, 2003-04-22 at 08:58, Tony wrote:
> I've created a config file to monitor the number of new sessions and
> call minutes on our dial platform.
> It all works fine until the value that is being logged reaches a certain
> amount, I'm unsure of the amount but I know I have values like 85343
> showing as "85 k Minutes" instead of "85343 Minutes".
> I have values of 1634 displaying as "1600 Minutes" so it's somewhere
> between 1634 and 85343.

yeah, around 1.8 or so it starts to go to K.

> Is there a way to make MRTG display the value as a whole number without
> abbreviating it?

Yes, per the manual (available at:
http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/mrtg/reference.html)

kMG
Change the default multiplier prefixes (,k,M,G,T,P). In the tag
ShortLegend define only the basic units. Format: Comma seperated list of
prefixed. Two consecutive commas or a comma at start or end of the line
gives no prefix on this item. Note: If you do not want prefixes, then
leave this line blank.

Example: velocity in nm/s (nanometers per second) displayed in nm/h.

 ShortLegend[ezwf]: m/h
 kMG[ezwf]: n,u,m,,k,M,G,T,P
 options[ezwf]: perhour
--