[mrtg] Re: MRTG UTF-8 issue

Andrew Davis andrew at socallinuxsolutions.com
Wed Apr 30 00:48:42 MEST 2003

$20 says you have RH 8 or 9. :)

I don't remember the details, but rather than change things the way you
have, there's an ENV setting you can make to globally set it to en-US
(or whatever language you speak). This will also fix your man pages
(default RH8 with UTF-8... if you type 'man <most anything> it looks all
garbled. Setting the LANG var [I believe] to your own... such as
LANG=en-US, export LANG seems to resolve it. Setting it globally should
fix it for MRTG). If this isn't enough for you... search the big brother
mailing list archive on support.bb4.com for "redhat UTF8" as I know this
has come up there previously and especially relating to integration of
BB with MRTG.

AD

Nick Dragomir wrote:
> I have modifyed /etc/sysconfig/i18n to reflect an non-UTF LANG var but
> mrtg still complains about UTF-8.
> What can I do in this case?
>
> Thank you ,
>
> Nick Dragomir
>

> --

Andrew Davis, Founder
SoCalLinuxSolutions
andrew at socallinuxsolutions.com
760-525-4689

SoCalLinuxSolutions.com
Linux Consultation & Integration Services