[mrtg] Re: Monitoring of a directory for files

Jason Humes jhumes at acs.on.ca
Wed Aug 6 22:01:16 MEST 2003

Well, I use this to monitor/test HP OpenView and its trap
receiving/processing process.  Here is the .bat I use to monitor the dir for
a file to exist or not exist.

@echo off

if exist E:\PageTest\*.asc GoTo FileExists
if not exist E:\PageTest\*.asc GoTo FileNotExist

:FileNotExist
e:\PGPoll\sendpage32.exe netmon OpenView OpenView is not working.
echo OpenView is NOT performing as expected.

:FileExists
DEL e:\PageTest\*.asc
echo OpenView is performing as expected.

I hope this helps a bit.  THanks