[mrtg] Ping Probe graphs skewed

Jason Humes jhumes at acs.on.ca
Wed Aug 6 22:12:15 MEST 2003

Hello
I run MRTG Ping Probe to graph latency to about 100 different hosts.  I've
got a question regarding how the data is displayed in the graphs.  Usually
all these monitoring hosts will respond to a ping in less than 50ms, but
depending on atmospheric conditions, ping times may spike to 500ms or even a
timeout.  When the ping times spike, the graph becomes skewed to display the
new scale which makes the majority of the 50ms pings look like a flat line
which it is not.  Is there any way to have MRTG not scale the graphs, or to
use a static scale, or something which would fix this problem.  Thanks very
much.

Jason D. Humes

Applied Computer Solutions Inc.

3020 St. Etienne Blvd.

Windsor, Ontario

Phone: (519) 944-4300 x211

Fax    : (519) 944-4247

Email : jhumes at acs.on.ca <mailto:jhumes at acs.on.ca>

Confidentiality Notice:

The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments may be legally
privileged and confidential. If you are not an intended recipient, you are
e-mail and any attachments is strictly prohibited. If you received this
e-mail in error, please notify the sender and permanently delete the e-mail
and any attachments immediately. You should not retain, copy or use this
e-mail or any attachment for any purpose, nor disclose all or any part of
the contents to any other person.

Thank you.