[mrtg] Scaling using MaxBytes, AbsMax, and Unscaled.

Mike Vierow mvierow at e-agency.com
Thu Aug 7 00:27:31 MEST 2003

Every evening an mrtg monitored device performs a backup, which results in a
bandwidth increase to around 80mbps. Typical daily traffic however usually is
below 3mbps. I would like to force the report for this device to log all
traffic, however only display traffic up to 3mpbs in the daily graph. Here is a
snippet from the cfg.

MaxBytes[host.domain.tld_port]: 384000
AbsMax[host.domain.tld_port]: 12500000
Unscaled[host.domain.tld_port]: d

MRTG 2.9.28 is using rrdtool 1.0.41 to log. Graphs are generated using 14all
2.25.

The result is an unscaled graph, but that has the AbsMax as the vertical limit,
instead of MaxBytes. Is this technique possible, or did I misunderstand the
documentation? My goal is to have graphs that display only to the 3mbps limit,
and crop all that goes above that limit.

Mike