[mrtg] How to make cfg file from comma separated file?

Berry mrtg at infotrade.se
Tue Aug 12 00:54:09 MEST 2003

Hello,
This is probably a newbie question but as I have not found an answer
in the documentation or mailinglist archive (please feel free to
correct me if I am mistaken) I am taking the liberty to post.

I would like to use the FreeSpace utility from Netlatency (
http://www.netlatency.com/utilities.html ) to monitor disk usage on
different drives. This command-line tool produce an output in the
following format:

8/11/2003,11:10:55 PM,c:,120031478272,7057422848,5.88%

i.e. date,time,drive letter,total bytes,available bytes,available
percent

Assuming I schedule Freespace to provide this data to MRTG, how can I
have MRTG build graphs from this information/How should the .cfg look
like?

I am already successfully building graphs of processor load,
available memory and received bytes to NIC (not *sent* bytes though
for some reason) with Windows 2000 Performence Monitor and Paul
Simmonson´s info at http://www.wn.com.au/psimmo/

I prefer not to install SNMP service on the computer.

Blue skies
Berry