[mrtg] Re: Combining mrtg data

Peter Glanville peter_glanville at cuk.canon.co.uk
Fri Aug 15 10:02:53 MEST 2003

>    I have an E1 link channelized into three. All the
> three channel are monitored separately. To get the
> total usage of the E1 link i need to combine the three
> mrtg graphs or data.

Option 1
Target[combined]: 1:public at IP + 2:public at IP + 3:public at IP
(this will fail to plot anything if ANY of the interfaces fails to respond)

Option 2
Convert to RRD, and use Routers2 to view.

Target[Channel_1]: 1:public at ip
routers.cgi*Graph[Channel_1]: CombinedGraphName total
Target[Channel_2]: 2:public at ip
routers.cgi*Graph[Channel_2]: CombinedGraphName total
Target[Channel_3]: 3:public at ip
routers.cgi*Graph[Channel_3]: CombinedGraphName total

There are no doubt other ways

Regards
Peter