[mrtg] Re: Thank you!

Tobias Oetiker oetiker at ee.ethz.ch
Wed Aug 27 20:25:42 MEST 2003

Today Garth Williams wrote:

> It's the SoBig virus.  Don't open any attachments!  I have also received
> unsolicited email "from tobi" (oetiker at ee.ethz.ch), however, I am sure
> he would not do that unless WE initiated the thread.   BE CAREFUL!

Tobi does not read mail on windows :-). Tobi gets about 5000 (!)
sobig viruses a day (be glad your email address is not as well
known as mine). Tobi gets a further 2000 mails from sobig virii a
day with his address in the From: header, bouncing back to him,
either because the recipient does not exist or, and this is realy
cool, an anti virus software some where mails me, that I sent a
virus.

<rant>
WHY CAN'T PEOPLE CONFIGURE THEIR ANTI VIRUS SOFTWARE TO NOT SEND
MAIL TO THE VIRUS SENDER FOR VIRUSE THAT FAKE THE SENDER AND NEVER
CARRYT ANY SENSIBLE PAYLOAD ANYWAY ...
</rant>

tobi

--