[mrtg] rrds.ppd and rrds.pm

José A. Calderón C. jcalderon at bankguay.com
Wed Aug 27 20:39:03 MEST 2003

Greetings
I can´t install rrdtool, I have running mrtg-2.9.29 correctly and I want to
integrate rrdtool, I have the rrdtool-1.0.40.zip and the instructions say
unzip the file, go to perl-shared directory and type:
Ppm install rrds.pm
And I try with
Ppm install rrds.ppd
But the following error appear:
Error: No valid repositories: Error: 500 Can't connect to
ppm.ActiveState.com:80 (Bad hostname 'ppm.ActiveState.com') Error: 500
Can't connect to ppm.ActiveState.com:80 (Bad hostname
'ppm.ActiveState.com')
The list say me give a internet access to the server.

I did it, and now the error is

C:\rrdtool-1.0.40\perl-shared>ppm install rrds.ppd
Error: no suitable installation target found for package RRDs.

And

C:\rrdtool-1.0.40\perl-shared>ppm install rrds.pm
Searching for 'rrds.pm' returned no results. Try a broader search first.

Please help me, What exactly I have to do….

Really thanks

jacc