[mrtg] Bits per second not bytes per second

Peter P. Benac ppbenac at emacolet.com
Wed Aug 27 20:28:51 MEST 2003

Greetings,

   I know this has been asked before, but I can't seem to find the answer so
I apologize up front.

   I have -- global 'Options[_]:  growright, bits' (amongst others) being
feed to cfgmaker, I have the log format set to rrdtool, and I am using
mrtg-rrd.cgi to display the graphs.

    The graph legends are still in Bytes Per Second.  It there a way for all
the graphs to display bits per second?  It's getting tougher to explain to
people that 1.544 Mbits per second is actually 193 Kbytes per second.  Am I
missing something?

Regards,
Pete
----
Peter P. Benac, CCNA
Emacolet Networking Services, Inc
Providing Systems and Network Consulting, Training, Web Hosting Services
Phone: 919-847-1740 or 866-701-2345
Web: http://www.emacolet.com
Need quick reliable Systems or Network Management advice visit
http://www.nmsusers.org

To have principles...
             First have courage.. With principles comes integrity!!!