[mrtg] Re: GE sub-interface traffic measurement

Tim Sheets TSheets at illinois.net
Fri Aug 29 16:55:09 MEST 2003

Wong,

I have done this redently.  I didn't do anything special (may have been using V2c SNMP queries which will fall back to V1 if they fail) and they showed up.

The device was a Cisco 7513 running IOS 12.0(24)S2 and V2.9.28 of MRTG.

However, I have noticed inconsistancies with the numbers reported by the GigE sub-if and the switch port at the other end.  I may be missing something, but at this point I feel more comfortable trusting what the switch is reporting than the GigE subinterface..

Tim