[mrtg] Redhat 9.0 and MRTG problems

James Williams jwilliams at mail.wtamu.edu
Fri Aug 29 18:50:47 MEST 2003

I have the following packages installed.

rpm -q gcc perl gd libpng zlib mrtg net-snmp net-snmp-utils
gcc-3.2.2-5
perl-5.8.0-88
gd-1.8.4-11
libpng-1.2.2-16
zlib-1.1.4-8
mrtg-2.9.17-13
net-snmp-5.0.6-17
net-snmp-utils-5.0.6-17

I'm running Redhat 9.0 and wanting to use MRTG to monitor switch ports
on all the switches at my place of employment.

However when I run the config:

/usr/bin/cfgmaker \
--global 'LoadMibs: /usr/share/snmp/mibs/cisco/*' \
--global 'HtmlDir: /data/wwwroot/monitor/cctr/core' \
--global 'ImageDir: /data/wwwroot/images/mrtg' \
--global 'LogDir: /data/mrtg/logs' \
--global 'Forks: 4' \
--global 'Options[_]: growright,bits' \
--no-down \
--output=/data/mrtg/configs/core.cfg \
wtlan at 192.168.1.1

MRTG does not grab any information like port number, port name, etc.
Before I had a hard disk failure I had MRTG runninig on an FreeBSD box
and it worked just fine.

Does anybody have any suggestions on what could be the problem?

Thank you,

James Williams