[mrtg] Re: make error

Daniel J McDonald dan.mcdonald at austinenergy.com
Fri Dec 5 15:07:33 MET 2003

On Fri, 2003-12-05 at 08:31, Petar Boiadjiev wrote:
> Hi
> i'm trying to run mrtg-2.10.9 on slackware 9.1
> but got this error
>
> root at d:/usr/local/src/mrtg-2.10.9# make
> gcc -I/usr/local/gd -DGFORM_GD=gdImagePng -g -O2 -Wall -Wpointer-arith -Wcas
> t-align -Wmissing-declarations -Wnested-externs -Winline -W -DHAVE_CONFIG_H
> -c ./src/rateup.c -o bin/rateup.o
> src/rateup.c: In function `image':
> src/rateup.c:321: syntax error before "LLD_FORMAT"

use RRDTOOL as a backend, move all of the files manually to the
appropriate directories, and skip the compile.  The compilation is just
to produce the rateup binary, which is not needed if you are using
rrdtool.

I'd love to see an option in the ./configure script that was something
like --without-rateup so that I don't have to hack up makefiles each
time I do an rrdtool-only install.

--
Daniel J McDonald <dan.mcdonald at austinenergy.com>
Austin Energy