[mrtg] Re: kill this thread - Re: WINDOWS USERS READ THIS FIRST

Alex van den Bogaerdt alex at ergens.op.het.net
Tue Dec 9 09:15:00 MET 2003

On Mon, Dec 08, 2003 at 09:15:21PM -0700, Garth K. Williams wrote:

> I would like to appologize for the recent flood of SNMP2CA "How come I...""
> and "How do I ...?"  messages.  It was my intent to simply ANNOUNCE that I
> had released a new version, and in no way did I intend for the MRTG list to
> become a sounding board for people with installation and operational issues.

Garth,

In my opinion the problem is not (or maybe: "not only") users asking
questions on your snmp*.

The problem is more like this:

1) user has some problem (or not!)
2) the documentation is skipped
3) user subscribes to the list
4) "How can i ...", "How do I ..." and even "You MUST help me"

and all this within five minutes from step 1 to step 4.

I'm sure if the questions relating to your snmp pages were
real questions from people that _have_ read the manual pages,
not many would object.

cheers,
Alex