[mrtg] Re: SNMP Problems after installing a WIC in 2620

Alex van den Bogaerdt alex at ergens.op.het.net
Mon Dec 15 07:41:37 MET 2003

On Sun, Dec 14, 2003 at 06:17:53PM -0600, Nate McLain wrote:

> The unit only had 2 ethernet interfaces in it which connected to my fiber
> transceiver. I had MRTG working just fine. And I also use STG traffic
> grapher to check my router as well.

good

> After I installed the WIC in the 2620 I am no longer able to get data via
> SNMP. I have checked the Cisco config and made sure that snmp was still
> enabled and it is. So I shut the router down, removed the WIC and rebooted
> the router. And then SNMP was working again.

strange

> Has anyone seen this problem before?
> Is there some mystery setting that I'm missing.

Are you sure you cannot reach the device by SNMP when the WIC is
installed?  Could it be that the instance numbers change?

Try running cfgmaker again (output to another file of course) and
verify.

HTH
Alex
--
http://www.googlism.com/index.htm?ism=alex+van+den+bogaerdt&type=1
This message was produced without any <iframe tags