[mrtg] Re: Monitoring on SuperMicro Servers

Christopher A. Congdon ccongdon at congdonweb.com
Tue Dec 16 20:44:13 MET 2003

# The -12V line won't plot because the numbers are negative. Using
RRDTool
# would sort this out, but i'm not clever enough yet.

OK, I won't claim to be an expert on MRTG or Perl by any stretch of the
imagination, but I was wondering... Since you can do math on items
you're processing, is it possible to run an Absolute Value function on
the OID you're plulling. Set Maxbytes for 14 or something (to make sure
you catch overages) and the in the legends you simply say -12V.