[mrtg] Issue with >100%

William Owen William.Owen at ProfilesInternational.com
Wed Dec 17 16:25:43 MET 2003

I have a MRTG script monitoring a 256Kb Cable Modem link for my users.  I'm
guaranteed 256Mb but the link is capable of more.  When I was using MRTG
alone, I would see usage of 150% at times.  I switched my backend to RRDTool
and no anything >100% usage shows as null.  Reading the docs, it looks as
though the configuration is correct with:

MaxBytes[publicside]: Guaranteed throughput(256Mb)

AbsoluteMax[publicside]: Maximum Interface speed (100Mb)

RRDTool v1.0.45

MRTG v2.10.5

14all.cgi v1.1p25

Windows 2k3

William T. Owen, CCNA
Profiles International, Inc.
(254) 715-1644 ext: 163
William.Owen at ProfilesInternational.com