[mrtg] Re: Confused! 5509 Blues!

Alex van den Bogaerdt alex at ergens.op.het.net
Tue Dec 30 10:35:13 MET 2003

On Tue, Dec 30, 2003 at 09:20:18AM -0000, Stephen Hughes wrote:
> This is my second posting to the mailing list. Im afraid i will probably annoy most of you all but i have no where else to turn to:)

You can annoy one less if you start obeying the rules of the Internet.
One of them is that you do not write long lines.  80 is the absolute
maximum, remember to leave some space for the replies.  65 is the
official recommended line length for email messages yet 72 is also
an acceptable amount.  _You_ may be using an email client that displays
long lines without problems but you are writing to, amongst others, me.

Also: Replies are below, NOT above, the text you reply to.

> SNMPv1_Session (remote host: "57.30.254.3" [57.30.254.3].161)
>                   community: "bhdpub"
>                  request ID: -897006547
                               ^^^^^^^^^^
Don't know if this is a problem today; it used to be a problem
in the past.  Search google for negative request IDs and MRTG.

> WorkDir: d:\output

If this works in other configs, fine.  If unsure, do not use backslashes
as they have a special meaning.

HTH
Alex
--