[mrtg] threshold checking

avinash phogat avinash_phogat at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 31 09:13:32 MET 2003

Hi

I'm trying to setup threshold checking with MRTG.  I've read the docs,
checked the archives and the web but haven't found an answer to my problem.
I'm using MRTG version 2.9.18, RRD log format with routers2.cgi as the
front-end.  This is running on a RedHat 7.2 system.

The problem is that the file is never created.  It's as if the Thresh????
options are ignored.  I have tried using a percentage and just a number for
the threshold trigger (the input and output rates are exceeding the values)
however the test file is not created.

The scripts are simple test scripts that output basic information to a file
(in the threshold directory) for testing.  Following is the mrtg-threshold
script.  If I run the script from the prompt (logged in as the user that
runs the MRTG cron jobs), the file is created correctly.  The script that
runs MRTG also runs without errors.

Thanks in advance!

Avinash