[mrtg] Re: MRTG Limitation

Brett Marler brett at asroma.homeip.net
Mon Feb 3 06:03:24 MET 2003

Johnathan,

> Am planning to use MRTG to monitor errors, crc and discards on Cat2900 per
> interface.  Now we have more than 150 24-port switches on the whole
> network.  Can MRTG scale to this large number of objects to monitor?
> Approx more than 3600 objects.  Thanks.
There should be no problems with MRTG monitoring that. At a previous place of
employment, they have MRTG monitoring well over 400 routers for a large
variety of statistics.

One thing you'd want to make sure is that your network can cope with the
traffic. Sure, not a large amount of traffic but still a fairly substantial
amount.

Regards.
--
Brett Marler <brett at asroma.homeip.net>
WWW:	http://asroma.homeip.net/

-- Err : No filename to use for decode, file stripped.
-- Type: application/pgp-signature