[mrtg] Re: Monitoring Netware Free Volume space

PAUL WILLIAMSON pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Tue Feb 4 15:57:15 MET 2003

You need to add (I think) something with the kmg options.  Check out
what the options are exactly at the mrtg homepage.

You could also do this with just using plain old Netware snmp, as opposed to using mrtgext.nlm.

Paul

>>> Chris Longton <Chris.Longton at NICHOLSPLC.CO.UK> 02/04/03 09:47AM >>>

I am trying to monitor the volumes on my NetWare server. I am using an nlm
that I have copied from the internet and a perl script that is allowing me
extract data from the server. The graph is being generated but instead of
showing that the disk space is in Gigabytes (For example vol 1 should show
52428800000 = 52 GB) the Y axis is measured in Megabytes (Fore example Vol 1
shows as 52 M which is wrong) is there a command that I need to change to
make the graph read Gigabytes and represent the value as so in the Y axis?
My config file is shown below:

RunAsDaemon: Yes

Title[LAUNWFP.6]: Disk Space Usage on SYS
Target[LAUNWFP.6]: `c:\perl\bin\perl.exe c:\mrtg21\bin\nwstat.pl
192.110.x.xxx vkfSYS vksSYS`
Kilo[LAUNWFP.6]:1024
AbsMax[LAUNWFP.6]:2097152000
MaxBytes[LAUNWFP.6]: 1638912
Options[LAUNWFP.6]: gauge, nopercent
YLegend[LAUNWFP.6]: Free Space
ShortLEgend[LAUNWFP.6]: bytes
Legend1[LAUNWFP.6]: SYS
Legend2[LAUNWFP.6]:
Legend3[LAUNWFP.6]: SYS Peak
Legend4[LAUNWFP.6]:
LegendI[LAUNWFP.6]: &nbsp;SYS:
LegendO[LAUNWFP.6]:
PageTop[LAUNWFP.6]: <H1>Disk space stats for LAUNWFP\SYS </H1>

Title[LAUNWFP.7]: Disk Space Usage on PRN
Target[LAUNWFP.7]: `c:\perl\bin\perl.exe c:\mrtg21\bin\nwstat.pl
192.110.x.xxx vkfPRN vksPRN`
Kilo[LAUNWFP.7]:1024
AbsMax[LAUNWFP.7]:10547429376
MaxBytes[LAUNWFP.7]: 10229760
Options[LAUNWFP.7]: gauge
YLegend[LAUNWFP.7]: Free Space
ShortLEgend[LAUNWFP.7]: bytes
Legend1[LAUNWFP.7]: PRN
Legend2[LAUNWFP.7]:
Legend3[LAUNWFP.7]: PRN Peak
Legend4[LAUNWFP.7]:
LegendI[LAUNWFP.7]: &nbsp;PRN:
LegendO[LAUNWFP.7]:
PageTop[LAUNWFP.7]: <H1>Disk space stats for LAUNWFP\PRN </H1>

Title[LAUNWFP.8]: Disk Space Usage on VOL1
Target[LAUNWFP.8]: `c:\perl\bin\perl.exe c:\mrtg21\bin\nwstat.pl
192.110.x.xxx vkfVOL1 vksVOL1`
Kilo[LAUNWFP.8]:1024
AbsMax[LAUNWFP.8]:52428800000
MaxBytes[LAUNWFP.8]: 35860316160
Options[LAUNWFP.8]: gauge
YLegend[LAUNWFP.8]: Free Space
ShortLEgend[LAUNWFP.8]: bytes
Legend1[LAUNWFP.8]: VOL1
Legend2[LAUNWFP.8]:
Legend3[LAUNWFP.8]: VOL1 Peak
Legend4[LAUNWFP.8]:
LegendI[LAUNWFP.8]: &nbsp;VOL1:
LegendO[LAUNWFP.8]:
PageTop[LAUNWFP.8]: <H1>Disk space stats for LAUNWFP\VOL1 </H1>

Title[LAUNWFP.9]: Disk Space Usage on VOL2
Target[LAUNWFP.9]: `c:\perl\bin\perl.exe c:\mrtg21\bin\nwstat.pl
192.110.x.xxx vkfVOL2 vksVOL2`
Kilo[LAUNWFP.9]:1024
AbsMax[LAUNWFP.9]:7340032000
MaxBytes[LAUNWFP.9]: 2050293760
Options[LAUNWFP.9]: gauge
YLegend[LAUNWFP.9]: Free Space
ShortLEgend[LAUNWFP.9]: bytes
Legend1[LAUNWFP.9]: VOL2
Legend2[LAUNWFP.9]:
Legend3[LAUNWFP.9]: VOL2 Peak
Legend4[LAUNWFP.9]:
LegendI[LAUNWFP.9]: &nbsp;VOL2:
LegendO[LAUNWFP.9]:
PageTop[LAUNWFP.9]: <H1>Disk space stats for LAUNWFP\VOL2 </H1>

WorkDir: c:\www\mrtg\laurelnw

Hope someone can help?

Cheers
Chris

Chris Longton
Senior Network Development Analyst

Tel. 01925 294015
Mob. 07764 933184

IT Services Team:
"It is our goal to provide exceptional customer service from an exceptional
team using exceptional web applications running on an exceptional network."

This email is intended solely for the addressee, is confidential and may be
legally privileged. If you believe you received it in error, please delete
it and notify the sender. Unless clearly stated to the contrary, any views
or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily
represent those of any of the subsidiaries or divisions of Nichols plc.
Whilst every care is taken to avoid the transmission of viruses it is the
responsibility of the addressee to check this communication for viruses.