[mrtg] MRTG on Win2K Advance Server

Emil Damian edd at buyntext.com
Wed Feb 5 08:51:36 MET 2003

I want to install MRTG 2.9.27beta1 on my Win2K Advance Server. Do you have
an installation guide for that MRTG version? I was trying to use the guide
on MRTG 2.9.2 but I am having problem on this part

INSTALLATION
I suggest you do the following from the machine that will be running MRTG,
which, in this case is also a web server. All examples are for doing things
to a LOCAL machine.

First
Unzip MRTG to C:\mrtg-2.9.2 on the WindowsNT machine of your choice.

Next
Install Perl on the same Windows NT machine. You might want to make sure
that the Perl binary directory is listed in your system path.
   C:\Perl\bin;%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;...

You can manually check this by going to [Control
Panel]->[System]->[Environment]

To see if everything is installed properly you can open a Command Shell and
go into c:\mrtg-2.9.2\bin. Type:
   perl mrtg