[mrtg] Graphing Pings to router

Samson Martinez smartine at motive.com
Fri Feb 14 21:11:54 MET 2003

Hello,

I'm trying to track ICMP traffic to a Cisco 7204VXR. I have the correct
OIDs and what I thought should be a working config (shown below). These
routers are currently experiencing a ton of ICMP echos (long story and
they are valid) but the graph only shows a MAX of 1. I know I'm missing
something. Any ideas? Again, here's the config minus all the html stuff.

Thanks!

-Samson

Target[router_icmp]:1.3.6.1.2.1.5.1&1.3.6.1.2.1.5.8:string at router:

Directory[router_icmp]: icmp-stats

YLegend[router_icmp]: ICMP Total Packets

ShortLegend[router_icmp]: icmp

MaxBytes[router_icmp]: 1000000000

AbsMax[router_icmp]: 1000000000

Options[router_icmp]: growright, nopercent, gauge

Title[router_icmp]: router ICMP Stats

Legend1[router_icmp]: Inbound ICMP Packets (all)

Legend2[router_icmp]: Inbound ICMP Packets (PING only)

LegendI[router_icmp]: All

LegendO[router_icmp]: Ping