[mrtg] Re: Preference question for those using rrdtool ( and a co nfig one as well )

Makai Jozsef jozsef.makai at siemens.com
Mon Feb 17 13:01:50 MET 2003

Hi Larry,

Use one cfg file/device. If you put everything into one config file, later
you can not change it easily, and you will see all the interfaces of all the
devices just beside each other...

Use a 'master' config file with the global options and use 'Include' for all
the individual config files.

I you use rrdtool + rputers2.cgi, you can easily group the devices.

In this case the routers2.cgi will show you the groups, where you can select
the group you wanted, then after  you can select the device you want, then
the target.

The use of the Apache web server is a good way to reach the html pages
remotely.

Jozsef