[mrtg] Re: Windows 2000 CPU numbering

Manny Ortega aortega at univ-wea.com
Wed Feb 19 19:04:46 MET 2003

That's one of the problems with windows and dual cpus.
Everytime you reboot the machine, 95% of the time the oids will change.
When that happens and I notice that the graphs for cpu are messed up, I do
an snmpwalk on 1.3.6.1.2.1.25.3.3.1.2.1 and the first two instances are the
cpu instances.
I change those numbers in the config file and restart MRTG.
A pain in the butt but reboots do not happen very often on my dual cpu
machines.
I just implemented a quad Xeon server but I don't think I'll graph cpu usage
because it's not worth it.

-MannyO