[mrtg] Re: I want to graph in bits/s instead of Bytes/s

Alex van den Bogaerdt alex at ergens.op.het.net
Thu Jan 2 18:37:27 MET 2003

On Thu, Jan 02, 2003 at 09:16:24AM -0800, Evan Platt wrote:

> At 09:09 AM 01/02/2003, you wrote:
> >I am trying to set my graphs to show b/s instead of B/s and I am unsure
> >about how to do it.
> >Any help will be greatly appreciated.
>
> In your mrtg.cfg, there should be a remmed line
> # Options[_]: growright, bits
> Remove the # sign to un-rem it, and you can remove the growright, but most
> people enable that (causes the graph to go left to right).

PEOPLE:  PLEASE add some more text with this kind of help.

What's being "un-remmed" here is a DEFAULT.

If a user already has, for instance, "Options[target]: gauge" the
default, and thus the "bits" part, will not be used.

--
Much of what looks like rudeness in hacker circles is not intended to give
offence. Rather, it's the product of the direct, cut-through-the-bullshit