[mrtg] Re: Long Intervals

Derek Winkler dwinkler at algorithmics.com
Wed Jan 8 20:55:59 MET 2003

Here's the config...

WorkDir: ##################
Interval: 60
Include: /home/mrtg/lib/mrtg-globals.cfg

Target[########-spam]: `ssh -n ####### "cat /tmp/mrtg-spam.out"`
MaxBytes[########-spam]: 10000
Options[########-spam]: noo, nopercent, integer, gauge, withzeroes,
unknaszero
XSize[########-spam]: 400
YSize[########-spam]: 100
YLegend[########-spam]: # of spams
ShortLegend[########-spam]: msgs
LegendI[########-spam]:  # of spams:
Title[########-spam]: ######## Spam Stats
PageTop[########-spam]:<H2>Spam stats for ########</H2>

The dmz machine runs the script and output to tmp dir and this just gets it,
I find this easier than MRTG actually collecting the data. This is run
through a cron script at 10 after the hour.

The values returned are calculated for the last hour and are generally > 50
< 200 but never zero.