[mrtg] Re: week numbering

Brander, Eric Eric.Brander at ACS-INC.com
Thu Jan 9 14:30:48 MET 2003

I'm running 14all 1.1p25 and my week numbering is correct.  Starts at 1 and
ends at 52.  This is on Red Hat 8, btw.

-----Original Message-----
From: Greg.Volk at edwardjones.com [mailto:Greg.Volk at edwardjones.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 09, 2003 7:29 AM
To: mrtg at list.ee.ethz.ch
Subject: [mrtg] Re: week numbering

}
}Amusingly, my monthly graph shows weeks numbered from 00 to 51, but the
}year changed on the correct day.  ;-)
}
}I think this is what Greg meant.
}
}(version 2.9.22)

Hmmmm...yeah.

But this is actually a real issue. (I didn't realize it until I
compared my work graphs with my home graphs). If you take a look at
the week numbering on the monthly graph at
http://mrtg.gvolk.com/cgi-bin/14all.cgi?log=switch.gvolk.com_fastethernet0_1
7&cfg=mrtg.cfg

you'll
see that 2002 ended at week 52 and 2003 started at week 01.
However, I noticed on my work graphs that 2002 ended at week 51,
and 2003 started at week 00. I'm thinking this is a 14all.cgi
descrepancy - 14all is responsible for handing rrdtool the text
that gets added to the graphs, right? I am running version 1.1p17
at work, and 1.1p23 at home. The only time related item I see in
the 14all history log at http://my14all.sourceforge.net/history.html
between 1.1p17 and 1.1p23 is:

2002-07-13 v1.1p21 - handle Timezone[] setting

-- Type: application/ms-tnef
-- Size: 1k (1917 bytes)