[mrtg] Re: Hello all,

Brett Marler brett at asroma.homeip.net
Tue Jan 14 06:24:05 MET 2003

Hello Denny,

> My versions for libpng and gd are:
> # rpm -q libpng
> libpng-1.2.2-6
> # rpm -q gd
> gd-1.8.4-9
> I guess my next step is to upgrade perl?
> It's currently at
> # rpm -q perl
> perl-5.6.0-17

I have a similar setup to you, running MRTG on Redhat 7.2. However I did not
install from an RPM but I grabbed the tar.gz and built that instead. There was
a post last week regarding something almost exactly what you mention titled
"Re: MRTG running, but no PNG graphs". I cannot recall if a solution has been
posted yet but I don't believe so. My setup is:

--
pc-linux% rpm -q libpng
libpng-1.0.12-2

I would suggest grabbing the tar.gz and building that and see how you go. It certainly works a treat for me, and our setups are fairly similar.

Regards,
Brett Marler.

-- Err : No filename to use for decode, file stripped.
-- Type: application/pgp-signature