[mrtg] Re: MRTG errors...

Brett Marler brett at asroma.homeip.net
Tue Jan 14 06:12:01 MET 2003

Ken,

> OK, I did remove colon (:) at the end of the IP address per your
> instructions and re-run "cfgmaker" and "mrtg mrtg.cfg" but am still getting the
> errors.   I included you the errors below and hope you or someone out there can
> help me to help fix the problems.
I had a look over your mrtg.cfg configuration file and it all looks 100% fine.
So I think we can rule out there being any problem with that.

> What bother me was the library errors which I highlighted in red even though
> I have already installed the latest version of the library
> libpng-1.2.4-sol8-sparc-local on the system.  Unless this error was complain on
> different library that was missing.
Afraid I cannot really assist here. I don't run Solaris myself so I cannot
really send you in the right direction. I guess the first thing to do is have
a look at Tobi's unix-guide webpage (URL below) and make sure you have gd and
zlib installed along with libpng (it appears you have the correct version).

--
http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/mrtg/unix-guide.html
--

One other thing, on your Cisco router your trying to query what does the
output of "sh runn | inc snmp-server" look like? I'd say there are no issues

Hope this is of some assistance.

Regards,
Brett Marler.

-- Err : No filename to use for decode, file stripped.
-- Type: application/pgp-signature