[mrtg] Re: Mrtg + Redhat 8 + SNMP

Brett Marler brett at asroma.homeip.net
Sat Jan 18 06:54:46 MET 2003

> Hi all. I am tryng to get the cfgmake to run to get info on a linux box
> running redhat 8 and ucd-snmp.
>
> the cfgmaker does not seem to grab any info> does anyone know of any known
> problems.Any help would be good
Have you read through Tobi's Unix installation guide? It comes inside the
tarball or is viewable on the web at:

--
http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/mrtg/unix-guide.html
--

In short for MRTG to work, you need to have all the accompanying addons. These
being:

- perl
- gd
- libpng
- zlib

On Redhat it's pretty simple to see if you have these installed. Try:

--
rpm -q perl
rpm -q gd

If you don't have any of the above installed, hit "http://www.rpmfind.net" and
grab the RPM's.

Regards,
Brett Marler.

-- Err : No filename to use for decode, file stripped.
-- Type: application/pgp-signature