[mrtg] New to MRTG

sdulaney at gceng.net sdulaney at gceng.net
Wed Jan 22 18:56:38 MET 2003

Hello I am new to mrtg. Please be patient.
I'm a network engineer I know a lot about SNMP and monitoring but I no nothing
about Perl and MRTG.  So my problem is I am having trouble getting this to
work.
I downloaded Perl 5.8 and mrtg-2.9.26b.  I am running Windows 2k Server. I've
looked at "The Windows NT Guide to MRTG 2.9.26b", went through the config part
and got to where it says "from the mrtg-2.9.26b\bin type perl mrtg mrtg.cfg".
I get an error message: ERROR: Can't Execute 'E:/mrtg-2.9.26b/bin\rateup'

What does that mean and what is it that I'm doing wrong?

Thank you for your help and being patient with me...