[mrtg] Re: how to find out mrtg graph utilization report?

Alex van den Bogaerdt alex at ergens.op.het.net
Fri Jan 24 00:35:09 MET 2003

On Thu, Jan 23, 2003 at 03:19:42PM -0800, Lam, Ken wrote:

> All I want to find out was how to read the graph and to calculate
> interpret its utilization report.  Currently the daily/weekly graph
> chart only graph up to 48KBytes.  This frame relay that I am monitoring
> has 384KBytes port speed to one of our remote site and it doesn't make
> sense that its usage only go up to 48KBytes.

Most likely you do NOT have a 384KBps link, you have a 384Kbps link.
Notice the difference between B and b...

384 Kbps equals 48 KBps.

When you connect a 193KBps interface to a provider, how do you
expect to get 384KBps of bandwidth available?

Alex
--
Much of what looks like rudeness in hacker circles is not intended to give
offence. Rather, it's the product of the direct, cut-through-the-bullshit