[mrtg] Re: clearing of counters on Cisco

Lindahl, Carl crl at rti.org
Fri Jan 24 17:32:24 MET 2003

What version (possibly versions) of code are you running on your various
Cisco devices?

Are you using SNMP v1 or v2 to poll the devices?  If you are using v1, and
the counters are exceeding the 32 bit max, if the IOS or CatOS supports it,
you can goto SNMP V2 to give you 64 bit counters (any one feel free to
correct me if I'm wrong about this) to give you a better view of the
interface.

Carl