[mrtg] Large values returned by perl scripts

Mark S Burgunder maillist at lue.au.com
Sat Jan 25 06:09:53 MET 2003

Hi all

I am calling a Perl script as one of the sources to get the amount of
used and free disk space in bytes on a Red Hat 8 server. Unfortunately
it seems that the numbers returned are to large to be graphed by MRTG /
rateup and I am just getting a graph with a line along the zero line.

Is there anything I can do to make the combination of MRTG and rateup
graph this data correctly? I haven't found anything in the documentation
that sounded like it would help me with this dilemma.

I am currently running MRTG 2.9.17.
The script is being called like `/etc/mrtg/disk-space.pl md1` and it
currently returns the following values:
3702841344
7164858368
0